Fundacja Czarna Owca Pana Kota was founded in 2009 in Poland. Its operations include both providing everyday help to animals and talking about their rights.
What exactly do we do?
- We rescue – we rescue animals every day; we do not divide them into better and worse. We are committed to ensuring every animal receives the help it needs. No matter what species it is.
- We educate – we run educational activities; encourage animal activism; organize meetings, workshops and trainings; support Belarusian, Ukrainian and Polish organizations by providing them with insight on how to effectively contribute to the animal cause; write reports and books; make films and clips that bring up the issue of animal rights as well as evoke empathy and respect towards all animals.
- We inspire – encourage to change, talk about animal rights and plant-based diet showing how our behaviour and decisions affect animals and their lives.
What have we accomplished for 7 years?
- We published 3 pioneering books on animal rights in Poland.
- We wrote and published 2 comic books with animal characters for children and were the first in Poland to create a board game with the theme of animal rights.
- We made 4 documentaries on animal welfare, animal activism, including one looking in to Belarusian animal activism.
- We made 5 advertisement clips.
- We wrote 3 reports (on popular perceptions of animal activists, on collaboration of animal welfare NGOs with local governments as well as on implementation of the Animal Protection Laws).
- We created www.dlazwierzat.org website to promote respect towards animals and encourage to respond in emergency situations.
- We created www.wybieramzwierzeta.czarnaowca.org website to promote the plant-based diet in Polish, English and Russian.
- We helped 43 Polish, 4 Belarusian and 3 Ukrainian animal advocacy organizations to acquire comprehensive insight and skills they need to act for animals.
- We organized 41 professionalisation workshops and courses for Polish animal advocacy organizations.
- We organized 20 professionalisation workshops, courses and meetings for animal advocacy organizations from Belarus and Ukraine.
- We organized 3 study visits for 31 people from Belarus and Ukraine.
- We organized 30 professionalisation courses and meetings for people who want to engage in animal activism.
- Together with Wrocław-based Ekostraż, we conducted a monitoring study of the Polish legal system to evaluate the implementation of the Animal Protection Laws. The study covered a third of all district courts and prosecutor’s offices in Poland, i.e. around 300 entities in total.
- We organized cooking workshops to promote the plant-based diet.
- We conducted over 100 empathy workshops for over 2,000 children.
- We organized 38 open panels on animal rights, including a series of 12 panels entitled “Other Animals” conducted in collaboration with Stowarzyszenie Empatia.
- We were co-organizers of the first Veggie Parade and (Non)Silence March in Poland, as well as an animal portrait display performance entitled “I am an animal. I feel, I think. I want to live”, conducted together with Stowarzyszenie Empatia in Krakow.
- We participated in several festivals, events, panels to actively promote animal rights and plant-based diets.
- Our activists wrote several papers and articles on animal rights.
- We are present in the media: we talk about animals and plant-based diets.
How have we been helping animals?
Among other things:
- We helped several hundred animals, including 300 birds we set free and 100 pets we found home for.
- We carried out 44 workshops on building houses for homeless cats and wild animals.
- We built and distributed free of charge 247 houses for homeless animals.
- We co-organized transports of cat and dog food to the Ukrainian war zone.
- We spent 35,000 hours working with animals.
- We provided dozens of pieces of advice nationwide on how to rescue and care for wild animals.
We change animal lives!
Fundacja Czarna Owca Pana Kota: We rescue, educate, inspire. We act for all animals. All lives matter.